Now that the sweet 16 has been set, we took a poll of the office to see what the biggest takeaway was from the first two rounds of the NCAA Tournament. Here are our top 5:
1) #2 Duke upset by #15 Lehigh in the opening round
2) #2 Missouri upset by #15 Norfolk State in the opening round
3) #13 Ohio University advances to Sweet 16 for first time in modern tournament history
4) UNC Point Guard Kendall Marshall plays with a broken wrist to help the Tar Heels advance to the Sweet 16
5) President Obama’s bracket is beating mine…badly.
What stood out to you?
On Tuesday night, November 15, 2011, Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski made history as he broke Bob Knight's record for the most wins in Division I history. This was Coach K's 903rd win and the magic happened at Madison Square Garden when the Blue Devils defeated Michigan State 74-69.
This is the 37th season Krzyzewski has been head coach of Duke and his talent and passion have taken Duke to 11 Final Fours and won four national championships. When asked how he felt about being No.1, Coach K replied, "I look in the mirror and I don't see Brad Pitt - let's put it that way. I'm more of a realist. I know that I'm a very good coach and I get really good guys. And then it's up to us to fight like hell to try to win." And boy did they fight. Congrats.