Check out this picture of James "Kamal" Gray, keyboardist for Philly's favorite sons, The Roots. He's wearing our Eagles Half Time Hoody on the field before the Eagles loss to the Packers. Too bad the Eagles didn't look as good as he does.
Philadelphia Eagle LeSean McCoy just stopped by the Mitchell & Ness Flagship Store on 12th Street between Market & Chestnut Streets.
To end the first week of the New Year we'd like to show a few pictures of Ryan Howard at Eagles vs Cowboys game wearing our Philadelphia Phillies 1933 Authentic Wool Jacket!
We always like to put a bit of historical perspective on things so here is a brief history of the playoff meetings of this weekend's teams.
New York Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts
- 1968 - These two teams met in Super Bowl III. The Colts were the Baltimore Colts at the time, but it still counts. Jets QB Joe Namath guaranteed a victory prior to the game and went on to lead his team to a 16 - 7 win. This was no minor accomplishment as the Colts had lost only once in 16 games. Namath finished with 206 passing yards but it was the Jets defense who really changed the game. They intercepted Colts QB Earl Morrall three times in the first half and the Jets went into halftime with a 7 - 0 lead. The Colts didn't get on the scoreboard until the fourth quarter when an injured Johnny Unitas came off the bench and led Baltimore to it's only touchdown late in the quarter.
- 2002 - AFC Playoff Game - This one was all Jets with a final score of 41 - 0. Chad Pennington threw for three td's while Payton Manning and the Colts couldn't get anything going. Manning threw 2 interceptions and the Colts finished with only 52 rushing yards and 137 passing yards.
- 2009 - AFC Conference Championship - The Colts took this one with a final score of 30 - 17. The game was close through the first half with a halftime score of 17 - 13. But it was all Colts in the second half with Peyton Manning throwing 2 td's and finishing the game with 360 passing yards.
Baltimore Ravens vs. Kansas City Chiefs
These two teams have never met in the playoffs. The Chiefs lead the regular season series 4 - 1, but the Ravens won the most recent meeting in 2009, 38 - 24.
New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks
These teams have never met in the playoffs either. The Saints lead the regular season series 6 - 5, with the Saints beating the Seahawks this year 34 - 19.
Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- 1960 - The Packers and Eagles met in the 1960 NFL Championship Game. The underdog Eagles surprised everyone and won the game by a score of 17 - 13. This was Packers coach Vince Lombardi's only playoff loss and remains the Eagles only championship.
- 2003 - NFC Playoff Game - In this overtime thriller the Eagles came out on top with a 31 yard, game winning, David Akers field goal.
So there you have it. We can't wait to see what this year's Wildcard Weekend brings us. Will you be watching?
Below is a sneak peek at the Champions Track Jacket for this fall! These are just some of the teams we will be offering in this style!