Congratualtions to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2010! Learn a little bit more about the Class of 2010 inductees from the Pro Football Hall of Fame:
- Russ Grimm was a steadying force of the Washington Redskins’ offensive line known as “The Hogs.” The standout guard earned All-NFL acclaim and Pro Bowl trips four consecutive seasons.
- Rickey Jackson helped turn the Saints from perennial losers to a playoff contender and becomes the first long-time player from the team to be elected to the Hall of Fame. He was named first-team All-NFL four times in his career.
- Dick LeBeau, was originally drafted by the Cleveland Browns but cut, joined the Lions shortly thereafter. He went on to enjoy a 14-year career that saw him intercept 62 passes. That total currently ranks third all-time among cornerbacks.
- Floyd Little, the first 1,000-yard rusher in Denver Broncos history, was a versatile star who amassed more than 12,000 all-purpose yards on rushing, receiving, punt returns, and kickoff returns during his nine-season career.
- John Randle, a seven-time Pro Bowler and six-time All-Pro pick, amassed 137.5 sacks during his career with the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks. A member of the NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 1990s, he played in 219 career games.
- Jerry Rice played an amazing 20 seasons and owns virtually every major receiving record. In all, he caught 1,549 passes for 22,895 yards and scored a total of 208 touchdowns.
- Emmitt Smith is the NFL’s all-time leading rusher with 18,355 yards and scored a record 164 rushing touchdowns. He won four NFL rushing titles and gained 1,000 yards in a record 11 straight seasons.
February 9, 2010 | E-mail | Comments
(0) | Comment RSS
Breaking News | Tags:
pro football hall of fame, hall of fame, jerry rice, emmitt smith, russ grimm, rickey jackson, dick lebeau, floyd little, john randle, class of 2010, nfl
Darryl Strawberry & Dwight Gooden are honored by the Mets by being inducted into the New York Mets Hall of Fame! For their induction they sported none other than the Mitchell & Ness Authentic Batting Practice Jacket!
Are you as surprised as we are? Of the 26 eligible candidates only Andre Dawson is headed to Cooperstown. Congratulations to Andre. He was definitely on our list. But we're pretty shocked about Roberto Alomar, Bert Blyleven, Lee Smith and a few others. How about you?
Here are a few of Andre's jerseys that we currently make. We will also have his 1987 road Cubs jersey available in time for his induction this summer.
Robin Roberts, one of the Phillies greatest pitchers wearing our Sportsman Track Jacket. He led the "Whiz Kids" to their National League Pennant in 1950. At the end of each season they passed their uniforms down to the minor leagues. That wouldn't happen today with all of their uniform changes! Robin Roberts was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1976. Don't forget to check out his 1950 Home Jersey which is available on our website and in our flagship store.
Thank you for your time Mr. Roberts!