The Green Bay Packers have managed to remain undefeated through the first six weeks of the season. Will they keep the streak going in Minnesota this week? Based on the Vikings 1-5 record, it seems likely.
Make sure you get geared up in time for the big game. Go Pack.
Check out the entire collection
Super Bowl Champion Clay Matthews has great taste in headwear, don't you think?
Click on the image below to get one for yourself.
The Green Bay Packers are Super Bowl Champions after a 31-25 victory over the Pittsuburgh Steelers. With over 300 yards passing and three TDs, MVP Aaron Rodgers led his team to the big win and is bringing the Vince Lombardi Trophy home for the first time in 14 years. Packers wide receiever, Greg Jennings said post-game, "Wow! It's a great day to be great, baby." We agree, Greg.
Congratualtions to the Green Bay Packers and their fans, baby.
Make sure you celebrate in the best Packers gear available by hitting mitchellandness.com!
Just wanted to share this cool slide show of some Packer employees getting the jerseys ready for the big game on Sunday. We love these pics. Click on the link below to see more.
Super Bowl Jersey Prep
We always like to put a bit of historical perspective on things so here is a brief history of the playoff meetings of this weekend's teams.
New York Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts
- 1968 - These two teams met in Super Bowl III. The Colts were the Baltimore Colts at the time, but it still counts. Jets QB Joe Namath guaranteed a victory prior to the game and went on to lead his team to a 16 - 7 win. This was no minor accomplishment as the Colts had lost only once in 16 games. Namath finished with 206 passing yards but it was the Jets defense who really changed the game. They intercepted Colts QB Earl Morrall three times in the first half and the Jets went into halftime with a 7 - 0 lead. The Colts didn't get on the scoreboard until the fourth quarter when an injured Johnny Unitas came off the bench and led Baltimore to it's only touchdown late in the quarter.
- 2002 - AFC Playoff Game - This one was all Jets with a final score of 41 - 0. Chad Pennington threw for three td's while Payton Manning and the Colts couldn't get anything going. Manning threw 2 interceptions and the Colts finished with only 52 rushing yards and 137 passing yards.
- 2009 - AFC Conference Championship - The Colts took this one with a final score of 30 - 17. The game was close through the first half with a halftime score of 17 - 13. But it was all Colts in the second half with Peyton Manning throwing 2 td's and finishing the game with 360 passing yards.
Baltimore Ravens vs. Kansas City Chiefs
These two teams have never met in the playoffs. The Chiefs lead the regular season series 4 - 1, but the Ravens won the most recent meeting in 2009, 38 - 24.
New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks
These teams have never met in the playoffs either. The Saints lead the regular season series 6 - 5, with the Saints beating the Seahawks this year 34 - 19.
Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- 1960 - The Packers and Eagles met in the 1960 NFL Championship Game. The underdog Eagles surprised everyone and won the game by a score of 17 - 13. This was Packers coach Vince Lombardi's only playoff loss and remains the Eagles only championship.
- 2003 - NFC Playoff Game - In this overtime thriller the Eagles came out on top with a 31 yard, game winning, David Akers field goal.
So there you have it. We can't wait to see what this year's Wildcard Weekend brings us. Will you be watching?