Last night, a couple of us went down to the Wells Fargo center to welcome Game 3 of the first round playoff series to Philadelphia. Heading into last night’s match, the Sixers trailed 2-0…
Despite the outcome, just being in the arena and in the playoff atmosphere really got us amped up over the 76ers and after digging into our archives found some great memorabilia, articles and photos around the office. Enjoy!
Caption: Cover of 1970 Game program (that cost 75 cents).
Caption: Darryl Dawkins wearing a killer “Dr Dunk” tee shirt. This photo is from the 79-80 yearbook.
This is an ad for Ticketron out of a 1970 game program boasting the “convenience” of their locations. Ticketron was purchased by Ticketmaster in 1991.
Ticket from 1993 with Sixers rookie starting center Shawn Bradley on the front. The ticket is from November 5th, 1993, when the 76ers Sixers topped the Washington Bullets 94-82. Bradley had six points. You may also know Shawn Bradley from his work in Space Jam.
Can you believe the NBA season tips off tomorrow? We're ready, are you? There are so many questions and interesting storylines going into this season. Here are a few that have piqued our interest.
- The Heat, of course. Can the big three gel?
- Does this year mark the return of the Knicks? Do the additions of Amar'e Stoudemire and Raymond Felton make them contenders again?
- Are the Thunder for real?
- Are the Celtics aging legs strong enough to make it through the season?
- Will Washington DC be doing the John Wall dance any time soon?
- What will an NBA season without Don Nelson be like?
- Will Sasha Vujacic's engagement to Maria Sharapova affect his play?
- Will anyone be attending Cavaliers games this year?
- Does Tracy McGrady still matter?
- Will the Lakers win their third consecutive title?
So what's on your mind as the NBA season gets underway? Besides this awesome new apparel of course.
Check back for more new NBA apparel coming soon.
February 22, 2010 | E-mail | Comments
(0) | Comment RSS
Birthdays | Breaking News | Tags:
julius, erving, julius erving, charles oakley, alonzo mourning, bill russell, sixers, 76ers, philadelphia, nba, legend, taj mahal, atlantic city
On Monday, the Sixers unveiled their new (old) court for the upcoming season. We don’t know about you, but we sure are glad to see the Sixers go back to their classic colors and logo.
The Kangaroo Kid was born on June 3, 1943 in Brooklyn, NY. A star at North Carolina, the ABA, NBA and one of the NBA's 50 Greatest Players. All amazing accomplishments, but we will always love Billy for coaching what might be the greatest Sixers team of all time.
Check out the link below to learn a little more about this legend of the game.