Last night in Chicago, Twin's left-hander, Francisco Liriano threw the first no-hitter of 2011 at US Cellular Field against the White Sox. In an unlikely two-strikeout and six-walk outing, Liriano’s no-no became the seventh in Twins’ franchise history and the 13th thrown against the Chicago White Sox.
Congratulations to Francisco for an amazing accomplishment!
Here are some fun facts about no-hitters throughout baseball history:
• 268 no-hitters have been thrown in MLB history
• 20 have been perfect-game no-hitters
• August 16, 1893: 1st no-hitter at modern pitching distance (60’) thrown by Baltimore Orioles’ Bill Hawke
• April 16, 1940: Bob Feller has the 1st and only no-hitter thrown on opening day
• Don Larsen (1956) and Roy Halladay (2010) are the only pitchers to throw post-season no-hitters
• Roy Halladay is the only pitcher to throw a regular-season no-hitter and a post-season no-hitter in the same season