Mitchell & Ness is looking for someone to fill a part-time/temporary design position. It seems Miuccia Prada, Frank Gehry, and Marc Jacobs are a bit busy, so we are reaching out to our loyal fans and followers to see if anyone is interested and qualified to fill this role.
Ok, so let us mention a few quick things. Our design team works mainly in Adobe Illustrator, therefore, the candidate must be extremely knowledgeable and proficient in this program. We work on Macs. Enough said. You must be familiar with Macs. You may know who won the 1955 World Series, however, if you don't know who Miuccia Prada, Frank Gehry and Marc Jacobs are, then please don't apply. Our office is based in Center City Philadelphia. You must be able to commute to Philadelphia and work out of the Mitchell & Ness office. (Sorry, no stay-at-home freelancers.)
Below are additional duties and qualifications for this position:
- Must have an outstanding taste level and be able to adapt to the Mitchell & Ness brand aesthetic.
- Must be able to create and maintain production-ready technical packages - i.e. actual size artwork, color separations, logo application specifications, etc.
- Work closely with product developers to ensure designs follow the proper technical specifications and cost parameters.
- Follow design direction to creatively execute tee shirt graphics that fit within our brand image.
- A thorough knowledge of the latest printing, embroidery and embellishment techniques is required.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and be able to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's degree in fashion design or graphic design.
- 1-4 years experience in apparel design, graphic design or related field.
- Strong sense of style, color, and trends.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience with sewing construction, patternmaking, color, fabric and trim development is necessary.
We realize that part-time/temporary work is a perfect fit for design students' schedules. If you are a college student and feel you are creative, a hard worker, and hungry to learn, that's great. Send us your resume.
We are looking to hire a qualified candidate as soon as possible. The duration of the temporary design position would last until the end of November 2011 (approximately.) *This position does have the potential to turn into a full-time position if the opportunity arises.
If interested, please send resumes and a few examples of your work to Jobs@mitchellandness.com.