Did you know...
- Territorial draft picks were in effect from 1947 - 65. This meant that a team could forfeit it's first round pick and select a local player. It was done to help teams establish a strong fan base. The most successful example is Tom Heinsohn who was selected by the Boston Celtics in 1956.
- 1985 was the first year of the draft lottery. All teams that did not make the playoffs needed a lucky bounce of a ping pong ball for the rights to pick first. The honors went to the Knicks in 1985, who selected Patrick Ewing.
- Besides tonight, the Clippers have had the first pick twice in the last thirty years. In 1988 they selected Danny Manning and in 1998 they selected Michael Olowokandi.
- Notable undrafted players - Avery Johnson, John Starks, Darrell Armstrong, Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell
- The only player out of the state of New Hampshire to be drafted is Matt Bonner.