The NFL season has started and our Philadelphia Eagles played their first game in kelly green! Check out the new arrivals of our Fall 2010 NFL Collection www.mitchellandness.com! We figured we would start off this Monday morning with some Eagles trivia. Are you really a die-hard fan? Let's see if you know these answers....
What year was the team founded?
- 1933. The Eagles formed in 1933 when a group headed by Bert Bell and Lud Wray purchased the former Frankford team, the Yellow Jackets. The purchase price was $2,500.00.
What was the final score of the Eagles first game?
- 56-0. The Philadelphia Eagles lost to the New York Giants on October 15, 1933.
Due to the war effort during the 1940s, Philadelphia and the Steelers found that they could not field a full team, so they merged. What was the name of this team?
- The Steagles. In 1943, these two teams merged for just one season. Greasy Neale and Walt Kiesling shared coaching duties.
What were the colors of the first Eagles uniforms?
- During their first year in the NFL, the uniforms were yellow and blue.
Which player competed in the 1992 Olympics?
- Running back Herschel Walker competed in Bobsledding during the 1992 Winter Olympics. He finished seventh.
Who missed the kick in the 1978 playoffs against Atlanta that would have advanced the Eagles in the playoffs?
Who was the Eagles first round draft choice in the 1979 draft?
Who was the first Philadelphia Eagle to enter the Hall of Fame?
- Bert Bell, founder and former owner of the Eagles, was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1963. The first Eagles player to be inducted was running back and safety, Steve Van Buren, in 1965.
Which NFL coach played tight end for the Eagles?
- Although he is primarily known for playing and coaching the Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys, Mike Ditka also played tight end for a short time with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1967.