On September 20, 1957 the San Francisco Giants played their last game at Seals Stadium. Seals Stadium stood in San Francisco from 1931 through 1959 and served as the home of the San Francisco Giants for two seasons. On April 7, 1931, the Seals Stadium opened to be home for the Pacific Coast League's San Francisco Seals and Missions. Built of steel and concrete with a capacity of 18,600, the stadium had no roof over the grandstands due to San Francisco's lack of rainfall during the summertime.
A separate uncovered bleacher section was added to the stadium's left field when the New York Giants moved to the city in 1958. The New York Giants played at Seals Stadium for two years while Candlestick park was under construction. Seals Stadium was demolished in 1959 and many of the seats and light stanchions were reused at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, Washington.