Earlier this week we did the Steelers, so now it's the Packers turn. Here are some random Packers facts to share on Sunday.
- The Packers played their first official game on October 23, 1921. It was a 7 - 6 win over the Minneapolis Marines.
- Green Bay Packers is the longest standing name in the NFL.
- A team of firsts - Curly Lambeau was the first coach to implement daily practices and the Packers were the first team to charter an airplane for a road game.
- The Packers hold the record for most overtime games in one season - 5 in 1983.
- On December 26, 1993, LeRoy Butler made the first Lambeau Leap.
- Green Bay's 12 World Championships are the most of any NFL team.
- The Packers have only had one Offensive Rookie of the Year - John Brockington 1971
- They've had 2 Defensive Rookies of the Year.
Willie Buchanon - 1971
Tom Flynn - 1984
- Vince Lombardi was carried off the field at least five times during his career, including his first and last games as the Packers coach.
- Curly Lambeau is the only Packers to have worn # 1. On the other hand, 36 players have worn # 23, the most worn number of all Packers uniforms.
- The Packers first and only helmet logo debuted in 1961.